Saturday, November 07, 2009

YogaDawg's Jazz Saturdays - Nasar Abadey

I always find good discoveries at the Bohemian Cavern. These guys were smokin' and I never heard of them. All the hidden talent....Sorry the sound is so crappy, but it gives you an idea ...



Joe Ford - saxophone
Allyn Johnson - piano
Nasar Abadey - drums
James King - bass



Drummer and Composer Nasar Abadey is the founder, leader and driving force of SUPERNOVA. His debut CD, Mirage was released in 2000 on the Amosaya Record label, and a follow-up CD is planned to be released later this year (2009). He has performed with Amiri Baraka,Dizzy Gillespie, David Sanchez,Ella Fitzgerald, Shirley Horn, Eartha Kitt,Pharaoh Sanders, and many others.

In his own words Abadey says, “I feel most comfortable at the cutting edge of the music. It is there that I play past what I know so that my creativity is inspired from a higher source.”